Thursday 12 April 2012

Luggage and Baggage

Hello all :)

The big bird has landed me in South Africa and I have made my way to my hotel in Johannesburg. Unfortunately my luggage got a little nervous about the journey and decided to stay behind in Australia. And it won't be arriving until Friday! Not sure how it will all work out...but it has given me an excuse to buy new socks :)

In the dark, Johannesburg doesn't look very different to the eastern suburbs of Melbourne at the moment - but my eyes are a little droopy so are struggling to see. I stepped straight off the flight and into Woolworths at the airport, found the nougat and toothbrushes and felt much better :) I was a little jittery and excited / nervous on flight so didn't really sleep much. Did a bit of curling up (one advantage of being relatively small ) and snoozing, but spent most of the time watching films and writing. I would recommend 'A Dangerous Method' and 'My Week with Marilyn', and will be writing to Qantas and making a firm suggestion about including films about a girl who has her heart broken when she leaves Australia for Africa because the boy she loves doesn't ask her to stay. A little inappropriate when we are all en route to Africa! ;) But just so you know...it has a happy ending (the film does anyway...)

The hotel bed looks SUPER comfortable, and the staff are so lovely you score a bonus marriage proposal with your internet connection! ("Here is your password, and I can come and install it for you. Just for you though. And then I will marry you")  

Thanks to everyone for all your help and generosity in ensuring I left the country. I have been super spoilt with dinners, catch-ups, packing assistance, lifts, hugs, beds, company, chats, advice and a terribly good supply of hand sanitiser :)

Love,

Amy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment